Saturday 22 January 2011

Patti Smith

The first time I heard Patti Smith's album Horses was a formative experience for me, I remember feeling amazed at the power of it, the urgency of her writing, the primal intensity of her delivery. I remember feeling as if my eyes had been opened to the possibilities of self expression, and even now that my musical tastes have shifted toward the heavier stuff, that album always manages to bring me back to that place of inspiration and a sense of everything being possible. It is with that backdrop that I wanted to post up yesterdays interview with her from the Guardian and an excerpt form her book Just Kids, I haven't read it yet but its just come out in paperback so I'm going to get it asap.


GUARDIAN INTERVIEW


EXCERPT FROM JUST KIDS

BUY JUST KIDS

No comments:

Post a Comment